Thursday, December 2, 2010

L'Artisan Bois Farine

L'Artisan Bois Farine: "Bois Farine is a single and unique fragrance, a magical union between witch wood and flower powder … As rich and fresh as flour rain."

"A bewitching blend of powdery flowers and mellow woods, a sensual bouquet that will caress your skin" 


Wow, this one is unique. It is true to its name, Bois Farine ~ wood flour. At first I was very intrigued and couldn't imagine smelling anything close to flour or saw dust!

It opens with deep woody notes. Cedar and sandal wood which stand out on my skin. Soft, dewy flowers are present throughout. As I sniff deeper, I sense something of a dough-y aroma turning into a nuttiness. The dough is like a finely ground flour, that is kneaded by hand and ready to go into the oven to bake! Raw but fluffy. The nuttiness actually racked my brains, oh what was it that was so familiar?! I forgot that I was testing this perfume and carried on when something in it aroused my brain. A faint smell of peanut butter hit me, like an open jar at a distance! Then I sniffed my wrists and there it was, the peanut butter! The nuttiness is almost peanut butter, barely there and soft.

I would have never expected dough or peanut butter to smell so good! The woody notes are sensual and the florals are soft. Overall, a very wearable, non gourmand, hedonic perfume, sadly short lived perfume. Beautiful.

3 comments:

  1. What an interesting combination of scents!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Intriguing, I do have a soft spot for peanut butter mm yummy :D~

    ReplyDelete
  3. How very nice! Always interesting to find something that is unique :)

    ReplyDelete